Tradescantia Nanouk 3 Stem
The Tradescantia Nanouk aka Fantasy Venice is a rare houseplant, developed in the Netherlands in 2012 through a planned breeding program. This easy to care for houseplant has stunning leaves variegated with light purple, green and greyish green. It’s gorgeous and colourful foliage makes the Tradescantia Nanouk the latest trending houseplant on Instagram.
- The Tradescantia Nanouk can grow up to a height of just under 3.5 inches.
- These cascading plants will make a lovely addition to your hanging baskets or shelves.
- The pink, yellow & white flowers usually blooms throughout it’s growing season (spring – early autumn).
- Your Tradescantia Nanouk grows best in bright indirect sunlight or in full sun. Although, too much direct sun can burn their delicate leaves. Hence, an east or west facing window would make an ideal spot to place your plant.
- Bright indirect light will increase flower production. But too little light will cause the variegation of the foliage to fade.
- Water your Tradescantia when the top inch of the soil is dry. A weekly watering would most likely be sufficient.
- Your plant will thrive in a humid environment. As such, you can increase humidity by misting it often, placing it near a humidifier, or using a pebble tray.
A standard well-draining houseplant soil mixed with coarse sand, orchid bark, or perlite will work well. It is important to have good drainage to avoid root rot.
Your Tradescantia Nanouk does not really require a fertilizer. But if required feed it a houseplant fertilizer diluted to half the recommended strength. This can be done once or twice a month.
The Tradescantia is mildly toxic if ingested and not suitable for spaces with pets and children. Also, it’s sap can be irritating to the skin.
Additional Care Information:
- Watch out common pests like mealy bugs and spider mites.
- Pruning your plant will make it bushier. Two new shoots will grow from the pinched off stem tip, giving you a much fuller plant.
- If your Tradescantia Nanouk isn’t getting enough sunlight, it will become leggy. Also, the leaves will be smaller with less variegation.
- Fading color of the leaves – Could mean that it’s not getting sufficient sunlight – Place your Tradescantia Nanouk near a sunny window or in a steamy bathroom.
- Dull and unhealthy appearance – Indicates overwatering – Ensure the soil is moist but not soggy.
- Leggy growth – Usually means your plant isn’t getting enough humidity or light.
There are no reviews yet.