Monstera adansonii, the Adanson’s monstera, Swiss cheese plant, or five holes plant, is a species of flowering plant from family Araceae which is widespread across much of South America and Central America.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Hurricane, Swiss cheese plant, Split-leaf Philodendron
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Whitish-green spadix and white spathe
||Rarely flowers indoors
||Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant indoor or outdoor in bright light or direct morning sunlight atleast 3 to 4 hours.
- Protect the Monstera plant from harsh direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Monstera plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (2-3 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not ever overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilize
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the Monstera plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Large leaves can collect dust. If you notice the leaves are dirty or dusty, wipe the leaves with a damp cloth and gently dry to keep them clean and healthy.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Monstera Deliciosa Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
||Morning sunlight or bright indirect light
||20â€“30 degree Celsius
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Monstera Deliciosa Special Feature
Large leaved indoor plant for warm, bright and humid areas.
Monstera Deliciosa Uses
- It makes an excellent container or house plant
||Monstera deliciosa – Plant
||6 inch (15 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
22 in stock
There are no reviews yet.